Pet Dental Care
* Valid 2/1-3/29. 10% off dentals: Discount does not include extractions, medication or retail products. Some restrictions apply. Limited space, please call today!
Dental services are an integral part of your pet’s overall health. An unnoticed infection can lead to much larger health issues, which is why we try to keep your pet’s dental health in check to the best of our abilities.
When your pet receives a dental exam at Sun Dog Cat Moon, we’ll carefully check for abscessed teeth, tumors in the mouth, and any other abnormalities that catch our eye. In the dental cleaning, our veterinarians will thoroughly remove plaque and debris from your pet’s teeth and gum-line while observing your companion’s mouth health. And don’t worry—if we see an issue, we’ll treat as soon as possible to minimize any dental pain for your dog or cat.
THE IMPORTANCE OF YOUR PET’S DENTAL EXAM
While we advocate for annual dental care from our veterinarians, any of these signs in your pet are an indication of a potential dental issue:
- Broken, chipped, or discolored teeth
- Loss of appetite, trouble chewing, or refusal to eat
- Visible build-up on teeth
- Pawing at the mouth that suggests pain or sensitivity
- Bad breath
- Bleeding in or around the mouth area
Your pet’s health is important to us. Give us a call if you see any of the above signs and we’ll help right away.
DENTAL CARE AT HOME
If we have one tidbit of advice related to at-home dental care: Start your pet’s dental routine as early as possible. It can be much easier for puppies and kittens to adjust to daily dental treatments, which ultimately makes life easier for you!
We recommend that you brush your pet’s teeth regularly to prevent plaque and bacteria buildup. In fact, by diligently brushing your pet’s teeth at home, you’ll reduce your pet’s potential for dental disease.
If your pet is fussy (it happens!) and brushing is challenging, you have other options. Ask us for recommendations about oral wipes, dental chews, and more.
PET TEETH CLEANING OVERVIEW
If your pet receives a dental cleaning from our clinic, they’ll undergo the following:
- Careful scaling of the teeth, both above and below the gum line, to remove accumulated plaque and tartar
- Complete dental exam of all the teeth to determine the presence of abscesses and other issues under the gum line
- Conduct dental X-rays to complete a thorough analysis of pet’s dental health
- Polishing and smoothing of the teeth’s enamel surfaces
- Applying tooth sealants to polish your pet’s teeth post-cleaning
- Conduct teeth extractions as required